Yields 4 small quiches / Time to make: 30 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 3 TBSP oat flour (I make mine using a food processor)
- 1 TBSP white rice flour
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
To make cream
- 8 oz organic tofu (about 200g)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ TBSP garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup or more of chopped veggies of choice (I used a mix I had of corn, peas, carrots, and spinach).
- Extra olive oil to cook
- 4 mini pie pans
- Preheat the oven to 395 degrees F.
- To make the crust, in a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix (knead) well with your clean hands until it forms a smooth dough.
- Divide dough in 4 and cover each mini pie pan using the tips of your fingertips to press down.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is in the oven, start with the quiche filling by blending all the cream ingredients until it forms a smooth consistency. You don’t need a fancy blender for this.
- In a medium pan, cook the minced garlic cloves in medium heat. Add the veggie mix and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Lastly, add the tofu cream and stir. Allow the quiche filling to cook for a minute or so. Give it a try and tweak your seasoning.
- Remove crust from the oven, pour cream in each mini quiche and take it back to the oven for an extra 15 minutes.