behind the seed (cycle)
How to seed cycle
Seed cycling is deliciously simple way of giving your dishes a nutrient and flavor boost!
Want to know how to Seed Cycle? It’s as simple as 1,2,3.
STEP 1: Check what phase you are in your cycle.
Phase 1: Days 1-14 of your cycle; supports the menstrual up to ovulatory seasons of your cycle.
Phase 2: Days 15-28 of your cycle; supports the luteal phase of your cycle.
STEP 2: Add 2 TBSP daily of seed blend corresponding to the phase you are in, into smoothies, soups, oatmeal, or any meal.
Days 1-14 of your cycle: Flax + Pumpkin
Days 15-28 of your cycle: Sesame + Sunflower
STEP 3: Repeat every cycle.
The 4 Seasons of your MENSTRUAL cycle
Did you know your menstrual cycle is so much more than your period days?
That’s just a part of it! In fact, your cycle consists of four parts and can be compared to the 4 seasons as well as the different moon phases:
Menstrual (Season: Winter l Moon Phase: New Moon) begins on the first day of your period and ends once bleeding stops.
Follicular (Season: Spring l Moon Phase: Half Moon) begins once period is over and goes until ovulation.
Ovulatory (Season: Summer l Moon Phase: Full Moon) typically around day 14 of a 28-day cycle.
Luteal (Season: Fall l Moon Phase: Crescent Moon) After ovulation up until the beginning of your period.
Embrace the fact that your body is awesome + know that you were gifted with AMAZING superpowers with each phase! Even when you’re “on your period”.
Need a little inspo?
Here are some delicious ways to try the seed blends:
NUTRINUT TIPS FOR A BETTER PERIOD
- Drink water: seeds are a source of fiber. When you up your fiber, you have to hydrate properly to get things flowing in the gut (and avoid constipation 😉 ).
- Aim to have 5-7 servings of colorful fruits and veggies per day. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that all support your cycle.
- Spice up your dishes with anti-inflammatory spices like cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cardamom, and garlic. This will also help ease some of the symptoms in your cycle.
- Sleep + rest: It’s not only about having energy but sleep is where your body recovers. You can’t eat your way out of no sleep.
- Movement: it’s a stress reducer and improving circulation can also provide cramping relief. Plus sweat is a great way to naturally detox.
KEEPING IT FRESH!
Seeds (especially flax) can oxidize and are sensitive to heat and sunlight. This is why we freshly grind our seeds in small batches to make sure that you get the very best!
Our packaging is not only eco, but it’s designed to protect the seed blends from sunlight. Since this can also affect quality.
To make sure you get the most nutrition from your seeds, don’t forget to store your kit in the refrigerator. Also, finish your kits within 2-3 months.