Finding a snack that can satiate your little cravings can feel like a mission. Whether you’re on the hunt for something sweet or need a little mid-day pick-me-upper. This chewy chocolate chip bites are a really great option!
So as far as snacks go, yes, having something that comes right out of nature – a fruit or veggie – will always be THE best option. Simply because we will never be able to beat the nutrition perfection that happens in nature. I also get that sometimes we’re in the mood for something else.
These chewy chocolate chip bites are made with simple ingredients. Mainly dates, carob or cacao powder, and walnuts. As for the cinnamon, coconut oil, and chocolate chips, they are added for a little extra flavor and/or nutrition.
Like always, I encourage you to add, remove, tweak and just play around with the ingredients. If you are a chocolate lover, add more cacao or carob. Want to keep it vegan? Make sure your chocolate chips are vegan. And if you’re gluten-free, well this recipe is already gluten-free.
Add these delicious little bites to your meal prepping so you can have a great snack on-the-go for the week. It will take less than 20 minutes to make and you’ll be giving your body a daily energy (and nutrient) boost. See you in the kitchen!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Bites Recipe
Yields 8-10 bites
- 1 cup pitted Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
- Make cookie shapes with your clean hands and top with chocolate chips.
- Place “cookies” or bites in a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or store in airtight container and keep in fridge for up to a week.