Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin bread? It’s one of the fall favorites, and let’s be honest here, pumpkin and pumpkin spice everything are much welcomed flavors in my life year-round. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup. Well you get it.
I’m the first to say that I am not a chef and therefore can’t take credit for this recipe. I’m just a food lover and nutrinut that enjoys exploring and experimenting with different recipes. This one I found randomly one day while looking for YouTube videos of one of my favorite chefs on Instagram: Mikaela Reuben.
I typically don’t care much for Instagram, but I love everything about Mikaela’s style. When I see her recipes, pictures, and videos it just really speaks to me. Definitely check her out. Although I didn’t find too many Mikaela YouTube videos, I did see that her recipe tweaks were featured in a Karlie Kloss video. So this one I had to try.
This pumpkin bread received The Nutrinut seal of approval! I made a few tweaks to the recipe and all-in-all it was pretty simple to make and rich in wholesome and nourishing ingredients. Let’s not forget absolutely delicious!
Here is how I made my Pumpkin Bread.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 mashed banana (ripe)
- 1 cup pitted dates (soak in warm water to soften and cut in small pieces)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour (grind almonds in food processor)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and coat baking dish or Pyrex with a little coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add and mix all of the wet ingredients.
- Add in all the dry ingredients and mix well until batter is evenly combined.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes. The time will vary depending on how deep your baking dish is.
Check out the behind the scenes of making the recipe in the video below. I also share some baking pearls along the way.