Setting healthy personal boundaries is not a new concept. In fact, I’m so confident that you’ve heard this advice before that I’m willing to bet a Nutrinut Mug of your choice if you haven’t ;). On the house!
So you might be wondering “OK Raisa, if you know everyone has heard this, then why are we even talking about it?”. And that’s a valid question.
I bring this up for this blog post because it’s the type of advice that we’ve all heard of and really struggle putting it into practice. Some may not even know what that looks like because we’re so used to just taking on the world and doing everything that we think we’re supposed to be doing. Me included.
This applies to your personal relationships, your job, and even when taking care of your health. And for me, understanding your personal boundaries is the KEY in living a balanced life. Because only with this will you even know what balance looks like for you.
We all have personal boundaries that need to be respected in order to be ourselves. To live mindfully and in peace. When we allow life to cross those boundaries, that’s typically when inner chaos breaks out. When storms form inside of us.
When it comes to understanding your personal boundaries, here are some things for you to think about:
1. What’s important to me — list your non-negotiables in:
- your relationships (romantic, family, and friends)
- your job and career (the tasks you do, the environment you’re in, the people that surround you)
- when it comes to your health (foods, sleep, self-care, and fitness)
- your soul — for me this is everything else that doesn’t fall under your career, relationships, and health.
2. What part of my current daily routine is draining my energy and emotions. Why?
3. What tweaks can I make RIGHT NOW to start respecting and honoring my personal boundaries?
This is a great place to start! If you do just one thing for yourself today, do this. Set just a few minutes aside to really think about it and write them down. I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge fan of writing things down. It just solidifies it in my mind and in the Universe.
I hope you have a beautiful day and can’t wait to hear about your breakthroughs <3.